about the HMT workshops
The book Hold Me Tight, first published by Dr. Johnson in 2008, offers a revolutionary new way to see and shape love relationships. The stories, new ideas and exercises in the book are based on the new science of love and the wisdom of Emotionally Focused Couple Therapy (EFT), an effective new model developed by Dr. Johnson. Subsequently, Dr. Johnson developed the Hold Me Tight® Program as a workshop for couples to enhance their relationships. These workshops are run in many countries throughout the world.
WHAT WILL WE LEARN ON THE WEEKEND THAT WILL HELP US?
· We will help you understand how you and your partner get caught in negative cycles of conflict or distance that cause hurt, anger and distress to both of you.
· We show you how you can keep your emotional balance at these times instead of getting caught.
· We can show you how to then come close and express yourself, listen and respond in a way that helps you build more connection.
· Having these kinds of conversations helps you to build a secure bond, creating space for lasting love, intimacy and romance.
WHAT CAN WE EXPECT TO HAPPEN?
The Hold Me Tight Program is a 16-hour educational program based on Emotionally Focused Therapy for Couples (EFT).
The course is divided into 7 sessions which includes an introduction and then a session for most of the conversations in the book .
Each session contains the following elements:
• Teaching theory and practice of loving conversations
• Video clips of real couples having the conversations
• Conversation exercises to do as a couple
• Some group discussion about the impact of the exercises
All therapists are available to support and facilitate the process with the couples